Website Built Financial Technologies Inc
Built is a financial technology company with the vision of democratizing prosperity for small businesses in Africa. The enterprise deploys web and mobile technologies that help small businesses start, run and grow their businesses. The company’s flagship product is a simple financial record-keeping application that enables small business owners easily keep and manage their financial data for quick data-driven decision making and also to access a curation of financial services that suit their size and needs.
Who We Are Looking For
An entrepreneurial accountant seeking to build a long-term career in the profession.
Responsibilities will include the following:
Accounting & Tax Responsibilities
- Understand in detail (1) how Built works and (2) accounting/business bookkeeping more generally
- Manage our team of accountants to deliver accounting and tax support services to Built’s portfolio of clients
- Produce monthly deliverables including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, Budget vs. Actual Variance Analysis, and any other KPIs as agreed with clients
- Facilitating the preparation and review of corporate income tax returns, and the accurate, timely filing of tax forms
- Review and manage accounting processes, including General ledger activities, month-end close, account reconciliation
- Using your industry expertise to recommend process improvements to maximize accuracy and efficiency within our financial statement close process
- Investigating accounting issues and collaborating with our CFO to resolve client complaints
- Work with other team members testing and recommending areas of improvement to the software
Operations & Leadership Responsibilities
- Mentoring new graduates and less experienced members of the team
- Undertake regular performance appraisals on assigned team members in accordance with company appraisal schedules.
- Represent Built in programs, events and company activities
5+ years of experience managing teams in an accounting/audit firm or similar business concern
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org